Dreamcatchers

Dreamcatchers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tellico river

Tellico River-
The Tellico River is known for its trophy sized trout and the high number of trout that are stocked each year. For some reason we have not had much success at the Tellico over the years. We decided to give it another shot and this time we were destined to catch something. After hours of fishing Phil had caught a couple small ones under the hatchery but still we werent have much success. We decided we would try above the hatchery where they dont stock it and test our luck up there. Once again Phil caught a couple more and so he came down to get me so maybe I could get a small one so I wouldnt go without catching any, thats the mark of a true fisherman teammate. After a couple casts in Phil's pool I saw a nice one come up to the top. I threw in my caddis one more time and it nailed it. With mine and Phil's teamwork we got it in, Phil manning the net and me reeling. It was the biggest trout I have caught yet and was a very pretty rainbow. Its amazing how one fish like that can make a trip go from another day at the river to one that stands out. We continued fishing for a couple more hours and caught a few more smaller ones. All in all it was a good day to be out on the river again. Til next time
-Dreamcatchers
Tellico River above the hatchery




A good view looking upsteam the Tellico River

An awesome colored fish caught on the caddis


Caught about 4 or 5 rainbows in this run here


Nice fish caught in the run above


Releasing the Beast


Small rainbow from the North






1 comment:

  1. I am working on a website that features a fishing trip in Tellico River. Could I use some of your photos?

    ReplyDelete