Dreamcatchers

Dreamcatchers

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Sweet Serenity

It seemed like a long week but actually it was short since I took Monday off. I was able to get out to the Smokies again this past Sunday. I headed back to Deep Creek to try my luck on one of the larger streams in the Park. I got there kinda late but hiked up the trail about 3 miles and put in and started upstream. There was a number of fishermen in the river for the first mile of the trail, but nothing after that. I was using a stimulator with copper john as my dropper. Immediately I had some hits, mostly on the nymph but some on the dry. I caught a few browns and a few rainbows. I hooked up with one decent sized rainbow, but he is not included in the pics below. He was hooked kinda nasty so I decided to save his life rather than make a photoshoot out of him. I had a fairly large hit downstream as I was hiking out, but I couldnt get it to hit again. It was a fun trip. It is always surreal to be all alone in the middle of the wilderness, with just you, the river, and the trout....til next time

-Dreamcatchers


Working upstream


Hello Friend

Took the Nymph


Peaceful



Another brown


Stocky Rainbow



This is as far as I made it up. I was a bit worried about the time I had before dark, since I had to walk back down the river til the trail met in. Next time I will walk up past the turn for sure.


A little color in the afternoon

















No comments:

Post a Comment