Dreamcatchers

Dreamcatchers

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Wild West

It had only been a month since I returned from backpacking and exploring the Wind River Range but I knew it was time to go back. In late August I packed up the bags and prepared for another adventure out in the wilderness and a side trip to Yellowstone immediately following. The trail would be one that I had done before but it had been a few years and I was excited to refresh my memory of the beautiful scenery. We were greeted with smog from the fires out west. For the first part of the trip it made it hard to really appreciate the scenery, especially having been there when it is so clear. But this eventually cleared up and allowed for some spectacular views. We stopped to fish at numerous locations and had just the luck I was expecting. Big Cutts were ready to play. Excellent dry fly and active subsurface fishing made for an incredible couple days at our destination lake. With a little rock climbing I was able to get to some parts of the lake that were ON FIRE!! You could see large fish cruising around just searching for something to attack! I soon came to realize one of my biggest regrets from this trip...WHY didn't I bring a net??!!! It was hard to get a picture if any of the fish I caught and it didn't take long to realize how much I missed my net! But I was still able to get a few pictures. Check them out and get out and fish some yourself! til next time...

-Dreamcatchers



First Cutt of the trip


 This was a WILD fight! He had some kick!


Scud!!!!!!


and another


Opening Morning Sunrise


Mistake and Upper Titcomb Lakes


Time to pump some water


Sapphire Lakes


Cool morning scene


Above the inlet and waterfall to Island Lake 


 Looking into Titcomb Basin as the sun is rising


The lowest of the pothole lakes


Little stretch of river was full of tiny golden trout


Sunrise scene from Hobbs Lake


Back in the Tetons


No comments:

Post a Comment