Dreamcatchers

Dreamcatchers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

And So It Begins

It had been nearly four straight trips of no fish. Cold weather and icy conditions constantly altered my plans to fish, but I was still able to make it out a couple times to no avail. After a warm week me and david decided to try our luck again. I started off pulling a streamer across the current to see if I could get anything to notice. I had no luck with the streamer, so as temps began to warm I decided to give a dry a shot. I tied on a grey elk hair caddis on my new 7 1/2 foot, 5 weight rod and gave it a couple casts. I landed a couple of rainbows in the section below. Me and David then moved upstream and hiked back to the trophy section. We had good luck, landing a number of decent sized rainbows. It felt good to get back into the game, and as water temps start to rise, the frenzy is soon to follow...til next time

-Dreamcatchers





Throwing a streamer across the current
Rainbow hit the GHC, marked the first dry take of the year

Small rainbow I pulled in on the 7.5 foot rod

Fiesty rainbow from the trophy section

Another rainbow take on the dry

Nice pull by David downstream





2 comments: