Dreamcatchers

Dreamcatchers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Smoky's and Hiwassee

A couple weeks back, me and David ventured into the Smoky mountains. We didn't have much of a plan, just gonna call it as we saw it...We bounced around alot of different rivers that day, but didn't have much luck. David found a nice rainbow rising but we couldnt get her to touch anything we offered. I had a couple on but never brought one to the hand. After a full week of rain, we decided to head up to the well know tailwater and sling some dries around. We had good luck with a couple nice catches. I was slingin the grey elk hair caddis and got a brown to nail my fly on top of the water. Put up a awesome fight. David caught a nice size rainbow a bit downstream from me. The fish of the day was likely lost though. We found a good sized brown rising in a deep run. I laid my fly out and it nailed it, I fought it for maybe 5 seconds but it broke me off. It was a GOOD fish.....Disappointing definitely, but you win some and you lose some. Here is a mix of some of the pics....
Working up the river Perfect Pool Stalking some trout Nice brown took the caddis on top BROWN!! Struggled to get a shot out of direct sunlight with this Rainbow Hefty Catch by David

No comments:

Post a Comment